I let me husband try the cookie dough and at first he laughed (I know he was thinking is she really doing this, I already told her the banana bread was good only if you were desperate for something sweet w/o it being really good or sweet, the onion soup was too herb”y” and now she is trying this blended white stuff on me…..I know that was exactly what he was thinking). But he tried and and was shockingly like “uh, that’s pretty good, what do you do with it”…. well obviously just eat it, I don’t have to get creative to “do” anything with it, so I’ll share that recipe as it seemed the closest to a winner.
- Soaking time: 1 hour
- 1 heaping cup raw cashews, soaked for one hour and then drained
- 1 cup pure water (or unsweetened almond milk or coconut water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (found near the nut butters in the baking aisle of health food stores)
- ½ teaspoon dark-liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Refrigerate and serve cool.
- For added pleasure, combine carob or chocolate chips before refrigerating.